AD – Administrative Services
This block covers administrative liaison with external organizations, including associations, societies, clubs, agencies, committees and councils; and liaison with University clubs and associations. It also covers the booking of facilities and equipment, and administrative activities at the unit level including support staff meetings, the coordination of staff vacations and leaves, and the development of internal office procedures.
To document administrative functions and activities not shown elsewhere in the Administration block. Material of a specific nature should be placed on the appropriate subject file.
To document the development of academic standards for grading systems to evaluate student work; and for the development of promotion standards for student progress. Also to document the development of degrees including planning activities and the development and review of degree standards.
- For the booking of media, see CI Access to Collections.
To document University personnel’s external administrative involvement and liaison with associations, societies, clubs, agencies, organizations committees and councils. Also to document University personnel’s attendance at conferences and seminars. Records may include correspondence, agenda packages, nominations for positions, requests for information, questionnaires, invitations, press releases, conference packages and membership information.
- For involvement with educational institutions, see AC Educational Institutions.
- For involvement with government committees, see GV Government Relations.
- For involvement with research or industry organizations, committees or councils, see RE Research Bodies – External.
- For activities related to clinical trials, see RE Clinical Trials.
- For planning and support required for University-sponsored conferences and seminars, see CR Conference Planning.
- External Organizations (General Retention Rule 2009.01)
To document the proceedings and activities of University associations, clubs, societies and organizations.
- For involvement with student organizations, see ST Student Associations.
- For internal University committees, see the primary related to the activity of the committee, council or task force.
To document the administrative procedures of University units at the office level including internal office procedures, support staff meetings, and the coordination of staff vacations and leaves. Records may include correspondence, procedures manuals, support staff meeting minutes and timesheets.
- For academic staff leaves, see HR Academic Leave Administration.