Function/Activity: To document the ethics review process for research protocols and ethics applications involving the use of human subjects, and to document the activities of the Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board (CFREB).
Description/Type of Records: Minutes and agendas, ethics review applications and summaries, ethics protocols, ethics approvals, correspondence, ethics certificates, progress reports, final reports.
|Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR)||Retention||Disposition|
|Office of Research Services
Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board (CFREB)
|CFREB agenda packages||5 years||Permanent preservation in the Archives|
|CFREB ethics applications and protocol case files||Receipt of final report + 12 years||Confidentially shred or delete|
|Office of Secondary Responsibility (OSR)||Retention||Disposition|
|Faculty Ethics Review subcommittees|
|Ethics applications for course-based research||Conclusion of research + 1 year||Confidentially shred or delete|
NOTE: This rule DOES NOT include the records received or generated by the Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board (CHREB).
- File and/or case management
- Evaluation of the application
- Legal review
- Research (at the discretion of the Chair of the Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board)
Limitations Act, Chapter L-12, s.3(1).
- John Reynolds, Associate Vice-President (Research), January 15, 2015
- Christopher Sears, Chair, Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board (CFREB)
- Jo-Ann Munn Gafuik, Senior Specialist, Legal Serivces, Policy and FOIP, January 22, 2015
- Bonnie Woelk, University Records Committee (Chair), January 23, 2015