K.C. Stanley fonds | Archives and Special Collections

K.C. Stanley fonds - Archives and Special Collections

The Glenbow Western Research Centre is open by appointment only. Please visit https://asc.ucalgary.ca/contact/ to book an appointment.

K.C. Stanley fonds

Stanley, Kevin C.

ca. 4500 drawings. Canadian architect. Practiced primarily in Edmonton and region with some out of province work. His firm underwent a series of name changes (Stanley & Stanley, Dewar Stevenson & Stanley, K.C. Stanley & Company, and Ross M. Stanley) during the period 1948-1979. All categories of buildings are present in this collection, including private residences, churches, schools, theatres, office buildings, stores, University and Government buildings, etc.

Significant projects include: Edmonton City Hall; the Y.M.C.A. building; St. Paul’s United Church; Alberta Teachers Association Headquarters Building; Baltz Office Building (all located in Edmonton).

The fonds consists of drawings from the architectural practice of K.C. Stanley, 1948-1979.

Title based on contents of fonds.

Acquired by donation in 1980.

Finding aids available at repository.

Further accruals expected.

Accessions: 72A/80.07