Mathers & Haldenby Partnership
ca. 1835 drawings. - 7.04 m of textual records.
The firm of Mathers and Haldenby was established in 1921 by Alvan Sherlock Mathers and Eric Wilson Haldenby. In 1964, the transfer of partnership to their respective sons, Andrew Sherlock Mathers and Douglas Charles Haldenby, occurred. Andrew Sherlock Mathers was born in Toronto, Ontario, September 16, 1934. He received his B.Arch. from the University of Toronto in 1959. Mathers married Susanne Freemont in 1961 and they have one son. Mathers worked with Gordon S. Adamson from 1959-1961, then became a partner in Mathers and Haldenby (1961-). He is a member of the Ontario Association of Architects and of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. Douglas Charles Haldenby was born in Toronto, Ontario, March 3, 1925. He received his B.Arch. from the University of Toronto and married Muriel Ross in 1948. They have four children. He began his professional practice with Mathers and Haldenby, and served as supervising architect on projects ranging from Toronto to Cuba, Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Montreal, and Quebec City. He served with the Canadian Army from 1943 to 1945. He is a member of the Ontario Association of Architects and a Fellow in the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada.
Significant projects include: Eaton Centre, Toronto; National Archives and Library, Ottawa; Queen's Park, Phase II, Toronto; Bell Telephone Co., London, ON.
Fonds consists of drawings, correspondence, and office files of the architectural practice of Mathers and Haldenby Partnership, 1956-1968.
Title based on contents of fonds.
Acquired by donation in 1978.
Finding aids available at repository.
Further accruals expected.